NTS Diversity and Inclusion Statement
Newtek Technology Solutions, Inc. (“NTS”) is committed to fostering a culture of diversity, equity and inclusion. At NTS, our people are our most valuable asset. Our culture is based upon celebrating unique differences through a collaboration of human capital with various backgrounds, life experiences, knowledge, and capabilities.
NTS is committed to fair treatment and equal opportunity without regard to gender, race, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, color, disability or veteran’s status. NTS is determined to remain free from discrimination or harassment on the foregoing basis in all phases of employment and engagement, including recruitment, hiring or contracting, placement, promotion, transfer, contract renewal, compensation, benefits, training, educational, social and recreational programs, and the use of the NTS facilities We are committed to a nondiscriminatory approach and provide equal opportunity for employment and advancement in all of our departments, programs, and worksites. We respect and value diverse life experiences and heritages and ensure that all voices are valued and heard. These practices apply not only to our employees, but to all aspects of our business initiatives. NTS endeavors to treat everyone – employees, clients, customers, prospects, vendors, alliance partners and competitors – with honesty and respect.
We’re committed to modeling diversity and inclusion for the entire managed technology services industry, and to maintaining an inclusive environment with equitable treatment for all, including our vendors, suppliers, customers, and clients.
To provide informed, authentic leadership for cultural equity, NTS strives to:
- See diversity, inclusion, and equity as connected to our mission and critical to ensure the well-being of our staff and the customers and clients we serve.
- Acknowledge and dismantle any inequities within our policies, systems, programs, and services, and continually update and report organization progress.
- Explore potential underlying, unquestioned assumptions that interfere with inclusiveness.
- Advocate for and support board-level thinking about how systemic inequities impact our organization’s work, and how best to address that in a way that is consistent with our mission.
- Help to challenge assumptions about what it takes to be a strong leader at our organization, and who is well-positioned to provide leadership.
- Practice and encourage transparent communication in all interactions.
- Commit time and resources to expand more diverse leadership within our board, officers and employees.
- Lead with respect and tolerance. We expect all employees to embrace this notion and to express it in workplace and customer interactions and through everyday practices.
NTS abides by the following action items to help promote diversity and inclusion in our workplace:
- Pursue cultural competency throughout our organization by creating substantive learning opportunities and formal, transparent policies.
- Provides a work environment that allows for respectful communication and collaboration, and encourages teamwork and employee participation, with representation from all groups and employee perspectives at all levels of the Company
- Work/life balance through flexible work schedules to accommodate employees’ varying needs
- Improve our cultural leadership pipeline by creating and supporting programs and policies that foster leadership that reflects the diversity of American society.
- Pool resources and expand offerings for underrepresented constituents by connecting with suppliers, customers and clients committed to diversity and inclusion efforts.
- Develop and present sessions on diversity, inclusion, and equity to provide information and resources internally.
- Develop a system for being more intentional and conscious of bias during the hiring, promoting, or evaluating process. Train our hiring team on equitable practices.
At NTS, diversity, equity, and inclusion are at our core. Our commitment to these values is unwavering across our entire work force. Our strong commitment is essential for us to achieve our goals; for that reason we do not tolerate any inappropriate conduct or behavior against others in the workplace.
Ready to take the next step toward success, we're here to help.
Contact us today. Let's talk about the vision for your company, tell us your concerns, and let us help you adapt to the ever-changing web, marketing, and communications needs demanded for success in today's business climate.